About this blog

All opinions, perspectives, and beliefs on this blog are solely my own, unless otherwise stated, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, perspectives, or beliefs of any past or present employer, denomination, church, association, friend, or family member associated with the author.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Giving It Away

My first prayer shawl has been blessed and given away.  The donated scratchy cream wool yarn that was my first crocheted piece has found a home.  Honestly, I never thought it would.  The shawls that are normally produced by the knitting circle are from soft, colorful yarns that you just can't wait to envelope you.  This shawl was heavy and somewhat stiff, and I was OK with it sitting in the tub of undesignated shawls until the moths ate it.  Then, God opened my eyes to the perfect recipient. 

On Wednesday nights, Andrew & I attend a small worship service at our church.  By small, I mean there are usually 10 of us in a small chapel that has a maximum seating of 25 people.  We are also the youngest participants by at least 30 years, but we love meeting with this small band for Bible study and prayer.  Two weeks ago, one of the ladies in our group asked for prayer for her brother, who is dying of cancer.  I saw how heavily this weighed on her - it's a kind of "scratchy wool time" in her life.  My prayer for her is that in this scratchy wool time, she will also feel the weight of God's love and presence as she wears this shawl. 

No comments: