About this blog

All opinions, perspectives, and beliefs on this blog are solely my own, unless otherwise stated, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, perspectives, or beliefs of any past or present employer, denomination, church, association, friend, or family member associated with the author.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

The Work of My Heart

My heart never stops working
The always pumping muscle constantly in motion
Perfectly timed
Defying gravity
Never sleeping
Or on holiday
No taking a lunch break
Or coffee break
Generally not complaining about overtime

The work of my heart is like that of a mother's
Never ending
Unseen
Unrewarded
But felt when it stops

The work of my heart goes beyond traffic management
My heart works to love unhindered
My heart yearns to create beauty
My heart longs to heal cruel wounds
My heart desires to build reconcilation
My heart wants to end injustice
My heart toils in wants, needs, and desires

My body is too weak
The strong, unyielding work of my heart
Longs to break free
Lord, I offer up my heart's work to You.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Beautiful thought!