About this blog

All opinions, perspectives, and beliefs on this blog are solely my own, unless otherwise stated, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, perspectives, or beliefs of any past or present employer, denomination, church, association, friend, or family member associated with the author.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Language Study – Day 26

I knew it would happen eventually. I had heard stories about it. It happens to everyone in some form or fashion. Yep, the complete maddening feeling of utter confusion. It creeps up on you slowly, and before you know it, you are over the edge. We were learning how to tell time, which sounds easy enough. And for the hour to the half-hour it was a breeze. But once we got past the half-hour everything started to fall apart. I tried to keep it all together as long as I could, but eventually the confusion took over and I just had to cry it out. Now keep in mind that this is a culture of complete non-criers. My instructor was a little flustered about what to do to help. It’s funny now . . .also at the sound of tone the time will be jam setenagh delapan malam (7:30 p.m.).

No comments: