About this blog

All opinions, perspectives, and beliefs on this blog are solely my own, unless otherwise stated, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, perspectives, or beliefs of any past or present employer, denomination, church, association, friend, or family member associated with the author.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Language Study – Day 28

Motorbike lesson #2. I think my ambition for being able to say I can drive a motorbike has waned since it took me more than a week to get “back in the saddle.” I think it was also the nightmares about trying to stop on really steep hills and rolling backwards. But I finally gave it another go. But this time I was even prepared with a helmet. Bright blue, as if I didn’t stand out enough already and it only cost me $1.45. Again . . .Mom, Dad . . .breath.

This time I also felt more in control and smoother in using the accelerator. It’s funny/scary how much you have to adjust when using the same hand to control the gas and brake. This time I actually followed my teacher out into light traffic out of the neighborhood. I even got up to 40 kph, passed cars, dodged people and potholes. I did chicken out when we got to a main thoroughfare though. People are a little less patient with “a learner” there. So, I at least have the basics down on how to drive a motorbike and can do it if I find myself in a pinch. I wonder if that is a skill that I should add to my resume . . .

But here is the big question: Is it thrilling or disconcerting when you go over a speed bump fast enough to bounce yourself off the seat? Discuss amongst yourselves. . .

No comments: